Position Title: Spa Therapist/Sales Assistant
Reports to: Spa/Boutique Manager
POSITION SUMMARY / FACTS
Reporting to the Spa/Boutique Manager, the Spa therapist/sales assistant role is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of treatment services with a proficient knowledge to provide a detailed consultation to every customer. This role also works as part of the team to achieve sales and business goals and deliver exceptional customer service on the boutique floor.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (NO)
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively builds a loyal clientele, and consistently records and updates all client records to be responsible for follow up clients.
• Meets retail sales performance requirements.
• Assists Reception desk when not occupied for treatments, especially for re- confirming the bookings on the day before.
• Practices the highest standard of hygiene and tidiness in the spa.
• Is able to stock take
• Answering phone enquiries, settling payments and entering bookings.
• Attend new products training sessions when necessary.
• Attend new treatments training when new treatment launched.
• Strong understanding of all protocols for facials, massages and body treatments offered in L’Occitane SPA (sequence techniques, quantities of products to use, timeframe).
Before each treatment:
• Inspects the cabin to make sure that all amenities are prepared for the customer (towels, bathrobe, shower cap…) and that the room is perfectly clean.
• Makes clear consultation to the customer skincare diagnosis during facials, or choose of the appropriate treatment according to customer’s needs before body treatments.
• Gives precise explanations about the treatment sequence and benefits, as well as about the products used ingredients and effectiveness. Adapts to customer’s needs with either synthetic or detailed explanations.
• Remains attentive to the customer’s well-being at each step of the treatment (temperature of the room and massages pressure…)
• Collects used towels, cleans up the treatment room, and ensure complete set-up ready for next appointment.
• Makes specific product consultation to customer (explaining her how she can extend the benefits of the treatment at home with the selected products).
• Invites customer to book her next treatment and sells treatment packages.
SKILLS / ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
• Acts as role model for others in the team, leading by example.
• Is confident in demonstrating product and presenting company information to others.
• Helps to develop others understanding of company procedures, true stories and core values.
• Proactively seeks ways to continually enhance own performance.
• Continually develops brand and product knowledge to improve service and sales.
• Ability to engage with different customers and a desire to deliver excellent customer experience every time.
• Attention to detail and knows when to act with a sense of urgency
• Effective time management skills.
• PC competent
• A positive, “can do” attitude.
POSITION / PRE-REQUISITES – PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Qualified beauty therapist
• Strong retail sales background